Tuesday, June 26, 2018

(Backup) (Backup) June 26: Hanging With Marlene

This morning Marlene came over to drive Cathie to the car place so she could pick up her car. Cathie then went on to work, and Marlene and I went to breakfast in Rockingham.

I had waffles. They were delicious!

We had stopped along the way at a beach.

There is a lot of industrial stuff on the way to Rockingham. This is a grain elevator.

Beware the waves!

Beach pano

After breakfast we did a tour of the coast as far south as Safety Bay. We stopped at Cape Peron and did a little hike.

From the high point of our walk

One of the old military bunkers





Marlene “getting fit”

I commented that Marlene had two different shoelaces. In reality, she had two different shoes!

We went back to Marlene’s place so she could get dinner in the slow cooker. While she went to an appointment, I took Spud for a walk. Wouldn’t you know, we get to the other side of the park, and Spuddy takes a dump. I don’t have any poop bags. So, I take the Spudster back because I see Marlene is home. I go to open the screen door, and find it locked. I rang the door bell. No answer. I ring it again, still no answer. Spudman was whining at the door. I told him I was sure she was home. After about 5 minutes of ringing the door bell and knocking, Marlene came to the door. I still don’t know where she was. I grabbed a poop bag and went back to clean up Spudmeister’s job. I didn’t want to be one of THOSE people...

Cathie, Jared, Kristie (Marlène’s daughter), and Emma (Kristie’s niece/Marlene’s granddaughter) came for dinner. We played the game, Sequence after dinner. Sequence is a very popular game in this family. 

It was a fun day hanging with Marlene! Now I can check off Rockingham and Kwinana (where Marlene lives).










No comments: