Sunday, June 24, 2018

June 24: Another Exploratory Ride, and More Family

Today was another sunny winter day in Western Australia! Cathie headed off to church with her dad and her sister, Jennifer. I headed off on the church of Tilmann. I’d seen a sign to a Bibra Lake off the freeway path, and decided to check it out. The bike path popped out to a road. I rode the road down a hill, and came to an intersection. There were no signs as to where the lake was, so I just chose a direction. After a bit, I saw a path across the road. That path went around the lake (a 6km loop).

Bibra Lake

It was a nice ride around the lake. I even managed to figure out where I needed to get off to go back. So, it was a short ride, but it was nice.

I arrived back at the house just as Cathie arrived with her dad and Jennifer. First thing I said to Jennifer was how much she looked like Marlene. At first, I almost thought it was Marlene, but then Cathie quickly introduced her as her sister Jennifer. Shortly after, two more siblings, Jim and Helen, arrived. So, now I had met 4 of Cathie’s 15 siblings. About an hour or so later, baby brother, Paul, arrived with his wife Jenny, and son, Joshua. It was a raucous good time with all the family. There was tons of food. 

After a bunch left, Judy, Marlene, Jim, and I played Sequence. Marlene and I were a team and we beat Judy and Jim soundly. Then Michael (Judy’s son) showed up, and him and Jared were a team. Between the three teams, we split the winning pretty evenly.

The five blue in the diagonal was Marlene and my winning hand.

Jared, Jim, Marlene, and Judy mid-hand.

It was another wonderful day. I am exhausted. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so I think I’ll ride into the city (Cathie, Judy, and Jared will all be working) for a longer ride.



No comments: