Tuesday, June 19, 2018

June 19: The First Day of My Holidays

As I have finished my days of forward progress, I now feel like I’m on holiday. I was on my own as both Cathie and Jared were working, and Judy departed for a few days. I had a few things I needed, so I rode over to the nearby shopping center (it’s a big mall). 

My first task was to get a smart card to use for the transit system. It’s much easier to get into the city that way. It’s like the Opal card in Sydney.

I’m here until July 10th. Sleeping indoors, I’m too hot in my normal sleeping attire, so I bought some shorts and a t-shirt. The t-shirt was $3! Even if it doesn’t hold up, for $3, who cares!

I also bought some new shoes. My off-the-bike shoes are disgusting. I couldn’t subject the people on the plane to these shoes. They’re going in the trash.

Most importantly, I bought a pack of razors. Yes, it’s time to rid my legs and armpits of the forest of hair! I’ll spare you the photos.

When I returned to the house, the key that Cathie had given me didn’t work in the front door. After trying several times, I texted Cathie. She let Jared know, and he came home after his work. Turns out, the key was for the side door (which is behind a bolted gate). 

Jared and I chatted for awhile, then I walked with him back to the shopping center so he could do the shopping he had intended to do before he had to come home to let me into the house. 

Once Cathie was home, we went out to dinner (back at...you guessed it...the shopping center). So, in one day, I went to the shopping center three times! 

I haven’t processed the numbers for my tour yet, but when I do, I’ll let you know. 

I probably won’t post everyday now, unless there’s a reason. I’m on holiday, so I’ll be relaxing!

I’ll be relaxing like Oscar the cat!

No comments: